There has been a lot going on in Room 21 this week with all our learning about spiders. We have been reading about spiders, observing spiders, drawing spiders, watching videos about spiders, making presentations about spiders, and writing stories as if we were a spider.
Mrs Wood even sent us a toy spider and asked us to find out what was wrong with it.
We managed to find not only 3, but 9 things that were wrong.
1. It is yellow, spiders aren't yellow.
2. It only has 2 eyes, spiders normally have 8 eyes.
3. It has 3 body parts, spiders only have 2 parts, the cephalothorax and the abdomen
4. It does not have spinnerets (the part that makes the web)
5. It has no hairs, spiders have small hairs on them.
6.It has no palps. Did you know you can tell if a spider is a boy by looking at the palps. If they are big, like boxing gloves, it means that the spider is a boy.
7. Its legs are stuck together, webbed.
8. The spider is smiling.
9. It is made of plastic.
Thanks for the challenge Mrs Wood!